Armenia has a rich history, beautiful nature and an original people with national character traits that it has the right to be proud of. The Armenian flag, whose photo can be found in all open sources, is inherited from the medieval kingdoms that "built" the history of the nation. That state symbol was asserted in its rights in 1990. The tricolor is called Eraguin.
What do the colors of tricolor mean?
The Armenian flag is a tricolor cloth of a rectangular shape, with a ratio of length to width 2:1. The colors of the Armenian flag are not meaningless, and there are several interpretations, but you should focus on the interpretation defined by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia.
According to the set of the rules:
1.Red is the color of the blood of the patriots who shed it for the faith and independence of the nation. Red is the color of the Armenian Highlands.
2.Blue is a peaceful sky.
3.The orange color is a symbol of the spiritual wealth of the Armenians, their hard work and talent.
What do the colors of the Armenian flag mean in an alternative variant
• red - blood of the victims of genocide,
• blue - the nature of the country,
• orange - the courage of the nation (according to another version - the fertility of the earth).
The history of the Armenian flag is not as ancient as the history of the country. The first banner appeared about 2000 years ago. At first they were military banners, which were made not of fabric, but of wood. They were carved by birds and animals, symbolizing certain human qualities. At the end of the first century AD, the flags began to be made of fabric, and they necessarily depicted by the dynastic emblem of the royal dynasty ruling at that time. There were a lot of them, and the description of the national flag of Great Armenia, which was once ruled by Tigran the Great, has survived to this day. Due to the work of historians and archaeologists, modern people know what the Armenian flag was in those days. That is a red cloth depicting two eagles and the sun between them.
How did the tricolor appear?
That event occurred in the 11th century, during the reign of the Rubenid dynasty. The colors were associated with three members of this dynasty, one of whom was king (red), the other was the patriarch (blue), and the third was the army commander (yellow). In the 14th century, there were more stripes, because the already beautiful Armenian flag became more beautiful, since another color was added to it - white. It symbolized the Christian faith. By the way, periodically arises the idea of adding white color in the form of lines separating the primary colors. According to people who offer this innovation, white stripes are a symbol of the snowy peaks of Ararat.
The further development
In the 15th century, the state collapsed, due to which the Armenian flag and the blazon ceased to exist. The lands that belonged to Armenia became the part of the territories of Russia, Turkey and Persia. But in the 17th century, merchants began to use the merchant-marine flag, which represented a cloth with two red stripes and one yellow between them. In the central part was an image of a lamb with a cross (a symbol of the Christian faith, sacrifice and meekness). But in 1885, representatives of the Armenian diaspora living in France decided to revive national symbolism. The main inspiration was the priest Ghevond Alishan, who proposed his own version of the tricolor: red and green symbolized Easter Sundays, white - the harmony.
The return of statehood
In 1918, Armenia became an independent state. The tricolor, the one from the era of the Rubenids, was chosen as the symbol of the state. But it also underwent minor changes, because it was decided to replace the yellow color with a more pleasant to the eye orange. The flag of the Armenian SSR was approved in 1936, but in 1952 the Government of the USSR decided to make some changes. A blue strip, which was a symbol of Lake Sevan, began to be depicted on the flag. Also, a star “Shone” over the sickle and hammer in the upper left corner.
In 1990, Armenia, which came out from the USSR, achieved sovereignty. The question arose about state symbols. The question arose about state symbols. In the course of a short debate in the Government, it was decided to make the state flag a 1918 tricolor. On June 15, 2006, the Law on State Symbols was adopted. Since 2010, Armenian Flag Day is celebrated on June 15.
This is interesting
1. On the Presidential flag, in the central part, the blazon of Armenia is depicted.
2. There are 2 versions of flags, equal in status - with faded and bright shades.
3. During the Second World War, the tricolor was used by the SS troops, consisting of Armenian traitors.
4. Venezuelan and Colombian state flags bear the maximum resemblance to Armenian.
5. National Flag Day was first celebrated in Yerevan.
6. “Apricot color” - this is the name of the orange tint in which the bottom strip is made of.
Dear visitor, if you have a minute please leave your comment about the film or series. Thank you.
- Հյուր Lilit01 December 23:52 de mi scenarista mi qani kino miajamanak nkaruma(((( animast piti erkaracnen , te che mi amboxj... Axtamar [Episode 67 Full]
- Arevik01 December 23:32 Inchi a maximum?... Kaysruhi Ki [Episode 16 Full]
- Hasmik01 December 23:25 Wonc qashenq chi stacwum dzewy kaseq?... Honest thieves / Azniv Gogher [2019/Movie/12+]
- Lia01 December 23:22 25 rope heraxosazruyc eq cuyc talis, voch mi iradarcutyun u hetaqrqrutyun, mard poshmanuma nayaci... Axtamar [Episode 67 Full]
- Հյուր 1234501 December 22:55 Inchi chi cucadrvum myus seryaner@ xndir ka ,chi nkarahanvum inch texekutyun giteq??... Yerkusov [Episode 145 / 11/09/2020 Full]